The Republicans have their echo chamber which allows them to influence the media, so it is my turn to help the other side.

2005-03-29

The Terrorists In Our Midst

I'm not afraid of Osama Bin Laden or Kim Jong-il. I'm afraid of the domestic terrorists that we hear about every day on TV and see in our local newspapers. I feel more threatened by the ideological extremists in our own country who wield far more power than any foreign threat. I'm writing this after reading an opinion piece in the New York Times (yeah, NYT again, sorry). A terrorist is someone who invokes fear in order to further their political goals. Hmm, I know someone that recently won an election on a platform of fear, does that make him a terrorist? Extremists in our own backyard are creating a nation of fear. Fear of abortion.Fear of terrorists. Fear of drugs. Fear of gays. Fear of evolution. Extremists are trying to take over the government, and have been alarmingly succesfull. Just recently a bill was passed through Congress to try and save Terri Schiavo. This needs to stop... now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's been incredible to me, now that I think about it, is the speed through which our national ??? (can't think of the word) has degraded over the past five years or so. Just mumbling...

17:15

 
Blogger Andrew Hitchcock said...

Yeah, it seems the extremists have moved very quickly over the recent years. I wonder what has caused that. It may be a reactionary outburst after the September 11th attacks. I'm sure Karl Rove can be thanked in part, especially for the recent anti-gay legislation.

17:23

 

Post a Comment

<< Home